It’s not that hard if you share, ask and have fun! Here are some tips and ideas to get you started.
Set your target
You’re climbing the Sky Tower for a great cause! That has to be worth a lot of money! Make it challenging, go over and above what you want to achieve.
Share your journey
Keep your supporters up to date with how your training and fundraising is going – people love to hear how they’ve helped you to make a difference.
Whether you set up a Facebook page or post photos on Instagram, be sure to share the link to your fundraising page and don’t be afraid to ask for help more than once! Let us know what you’re up to by tagging @LBCNZ in your posts.
- Encourage your family, friends and community to donate to you by sharing the link to your online donation page via email and on Facebook.
- Chat to your local businesses, schools, sports clubs, rotary, library or community centres and invite them to host a community event or donate items for a raffle or auction.
- Bucket shaking in uniform attracts lots of attention – park yourself outside your local supermarket, hardware store, farmers market or sporting event.
- Combine your training and fundraising with a public training ‘marathon’ – we’ve seen treadmills in supermarkets, 12 hour escalator climbs at the airport, and rowing machines in shopping centres!
- Contact your local newspaper/radio station to let them know about the great things you’re doing.
If you have any questions on fundraising or would like to discuss your ideas, give us a call on 0800 15 10 15 or email email@example.com – we’d love to hear from you!