Registrations for the 2020 Firefighter Sky Tower Stair Challenge are now full. If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call on 0800 15 15 10.
Key dates (dates subject to change)
- October 21: Preferential places offered to eligible brigades and individual fundraisers
- November 4: PREFERENTIAL ENTRY IS NOW CLOSED
- November 14 : General entry opens at 10am (email will be sent out with registration details Friday 8 November)
- November 29: Registrants notified via email if they have a place in the ballot
- December 3: Ballot entry opens
- December 12: BALLOT IS NOW CLOSED. Please email us if you would like to go on the waiting list
General Registration Information
Please have a read over the important points below to ensure your registration goes as smoothly as possible.
- PLEASE NOTE – Username and Password is created within the registration form, there is no need to create an account beforehand. If you have forgotten previous details quickest way to continue with your registration is to create a NEW username and password.
- The $55 registration fee for this event must be paid online at the time of registering and can only be paid by credit or debit card – no cash, cheques or bank deposit. Please note the registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- We and SkyCity take the Health & Safety of our participants very seriously. To complete your registration, you will need to fill in the Health & Safety form that is sent in the confirmation email after the initial registration. We need to be aware of ANY pre-existing medical conditions and even if your answer is “no” you must complete the form. It may jeopardise your place in the event if not completed.
- Registration must be completed on a desktop computer. Please note iPhones, iPads & other mobile devices will not allow you to complete registration successfully and you could miss out on a place.
- Remember to have a clear head and shoulders photo ready to upload when you register. Photos where you are in a group, your face is obstructed, or you are wearing sunglasses, a hat or a helmet will not be accepted. Please have the image file named as follows:
- If you are bringing your own BA set and the “I have my own BA set” allocation is full, you may choose the option of “I need to borrow a BA Set”. Simply complete your registration and then email us following completion of the registration process to let us know you will have your own BA Set.
- For those of you participating as part of a brigade or team, we suggest the first person to register chooses the option ‘register as a team’. This will set up the brigade/team’s fundraising page. As others from your brigade register they will be able to register as part of the team.
- Please use the name of your brigade as your team name.
- The participant who sets up the brigade’s team page will be the team captain and administrator. This person will be registered in the event. There is no function to add a team administrator who is not part of the event themselves.
- You are only able to register one participant at a time: there is no function to register multiple participants in one go. Due to the speed in which the event fills up, we recommend brigades and teams with multiple members wanting to participate have multiple people registering team members at the same time. If you are registering on behalf of someone else please ensure you have the below information to complete their registration.
- Valid contact details (address, phone number, email, emergency contact)
- Correct date of birth
- Event registration details ie. BA set & category
- A credit or debit card to pay their registration fee
- A clear head and shoulders photo (please refer to photo details above)
- Without these details, their registration cannot be viewed as complete
As in previous years, the final 100 entries to the event will be held and drawn at random in late 2019 for those who have missed out on website registration.
- Once registration for the 2020 Firefighter Sky Tower Stair Challenge reaches 900 entries, website registration will close.
- If you missed out on a website registration and you wish to register for the ballot please email your name, brigade and contact details to email@example.com by Monday 25 November.
- Successful entries will be notified via email following the draw and will be given one week to confirm their place in the event with their full registration details including ID photo and registration fee payment.
- Unsuccessful entries will be added to the event waiting list that will be managed as we receive any withdrawals from registered participants.
- Leukaemia & Blood Cancer New Zealand reserves the right to decline entry to entrants who have not met the event criteria.